Sunday, September 20, 2009

+...DoUg BLoOdWoRtH...+




Awesome painting by Doug Bloodworth




Doug Bloodworth says :
"Influenced by a rural upbringing, Sunday funnies, Saturday morning cartoons, B.B. guns, cowboys and Indians, dinosaurs and little warping at a young age from Mad Magazine, my art bounces back and forth from Western to Pop art, with a little of what I see around me thrown in. At least a couple of my paintings are both western and Pop (Rawhide Kid And Draw!). I have an ongoing series of objects on Sunday funnies that I don't think will ever be complete. I also have a series in progress of paintings on wood and metal that I actually shoot from the backside with different caliber firearms, which I believe transforms the paintings into sculpture. I call this my 'Redneck Art' series.

I love western art. Old Indian portraits and buffalo are my favorites. My work is so diverse in subject matter, I was wondering a while back why I haven't stayed with a certain style, and what they could all have in common. Then I realized if I put all of my paintings in one big room and took a visual tour, it would be a view of my life. From the paintings already mentioned, to the paintings of left over spaghetti on the plate in the sink(Porky)...the stuff in the fridge...(Starving Artist)...to the box of nails in my studio, my work is a glimpse of my inner self and what I see around me. So, all of these paintings do have a connection and that connection is me."

Image courtesy of Doug Bloodworth

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here