Saturday, November 15, 2008

+...BeAuTiFuL ViNTaGe BeDrOoM...+


Parker, a 4-year-old in Brooklyn, whose mom, Jennifer Ward, is the creative director of Minor Details, an interior design company specializing in children's spaces.
Here, Jennifer tells us about how she put together Parker's amazing bedroom....

What was your inspiration for Parker's bedroom?
I wanted to tap into that 1950 French flea market era, but on a budget. Oddly enough, this room is very inexpensive. The bed is from IKEA; the rug is from Urban Outfitters.

The bed is such a fantasy! How did you make it?
My daughter is very into her imagination. She's always like, I'm a princess, I'm a prince, I'm Captain Hook, you're Wendy, I'm Peter Pan. So I wanted to create a bed that encouraged her playful side. We hung up simple curtains, and Parker can pull them shut and have an adventure.



What about the birdcage?
I found it at a stoop sale for $5. From May to September, if you walk through Brooklyn on the weekend, you'll hit at least five big stoop sales. It's a great place for that. But my family has a rule: When we bring something in, we take something out.

Is that where you found the Brooklyn letters?
Nope, we got those at Urban Outfitters. They didn't have any Ps for Parker, so we wrote out the next best thing! They're made from old cans--one's a salami can, one's a cookie tin...



What's Parker's favorite part of the room?
Her little theatre is a huge hit at our house. It's magnetic, from Romp.



Speaking of vintage, what a gorgeous desk.
A while ago, it struck me that a desk would pull the room together, so I typed in "vintage child's desk" on eBay. I was the only bidder. It was $4.25; the shipping was $12. It's the best bargain find in my whole house.

Thanks 2 cookiemag

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here