Saturday, December 19, 2009

+...I WaNt...+




these beautiful wallpaper designed by Lisa Bengtsson



"My life began 1981 in a little town called Gnosjö in the south of Sweden. Since I was a child I’ve always been found of creative work and painting. When I grew up I liked to communicate by the means of visualization, colors, form, pattern and typography, which today has become my job. Design for me is about communicating a certain feeling to other people. The day I realized I could communicate that feeling through my own creative ability I decided I wanted to become a designer.

After I finished high school I worked at a newspaper for three years, creating advertisements. Later after a went to Italy and spent several months working with an artist, I got promoted and started to work as an art director for an advertisement company in Sweden. After two years I
felt I wanted to become a graphical designer and started my education at Berghs School of Communication in Stockholm, Sweden.

After my studies I opened up my own company working mainly as a pattern Designer, but also with graphical design and illustrations. My biggest inspiration comes from people, their behaviors and how they live or used to live their lives. When I create my patterns I always try to
find an idea where I can put in my own values and thoughts into the project.

My first wallpaper was “Familjen” (The Family) with a pattern of frames. “Familjen” tells the story about how we live and frame our lives. My second wallpaper was “Svärmor” (Mother in law), which shows shoes from different epochs in my life. I’ve also made a wallpaper for ceilings
named “Edith” (for Björklund & Wingqvist), inspired by Edith Piaf.

Among other things I’ve also designed the plate collection “Oss kvinnor emellan” (Between us women) and the fabric “Mademoiselle” (for Mairo)."
- Lisa Bengtsson-

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here