Thursday, July 22, 2010

+...I HeArT...+





a circus themed kid's room created by Kate Dixon. It's a recent interior design project that she finished for the 41st Symphony Designer Showhouse Tour in Kansas City.
She's a Kansas City photo-stylist and owner of Artistic Living Spaces.

Dixon told us, "I wanted it to be a whimsical room where fun and functionality meet. That's why me and my crew made a giant 7ft tall spinning 'ferris wheel' toy storage unit. I made rugs out of duckcloth and stitched them together to give a patchwork effect, and painted over a photo of my son turning him into the ultimate ringmaster of the room. We took old pallets and created fun built in furniture, and used some great artistic friends of mine from SOWN to do pillows, Jeff Shumway to create amazing circus illustrations, and so much more."





Photo credit Chad Jackson
Thanks 2 Poppy Talk

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here